Godwin welcomes planning approval for new Lidl store in Kings Heath
Birmingham City Council’s planning committee meeting on 20thDecember 2018, approved the plan to demolish the existing buildings on the 1.8 acre site which also housed a former Western Power depot.
The new store, which will extend to 2,125 sq. metres with a net retail sales area of 1,324 sq. metres, is expected to create up to 40 jobs and will have a dedicated in-store bakery.
Matthew Chandler, Associate Director at Birmingham-headquartered Godwin Developments, said the new unit will feature an attractive, single storey glazed frontage to Warstock Road, with car parking on the west, north and north west sides of the new Lidl store will provide 120 standard parking spaces, 5 cycle and 5 motorcycle spaces, plus six disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces.
Mr Chandler said: “It has taken time to bring this project to fruition and I would like to pay tribute to all those who worked on the development and consultation process.“We look forward to seeing a new Lidl store opening in Kings Heath with all the employment opportunities and benefits it will bring to the community.”
The Birmingham-based professional team that has worked on the project included architect Peter Wong of Nicol Thomas Architects, Adrian Forte of Mode Transport, and legal advice was provided by Martin Jones and Ben Darlow of Shakespeare Martineau.
- Godwin secure Euro Garages as tenant for roadside site in Rushden
- Collaboration Agreement Signed with Harworth Group to Deliver BTR Housing
- Godwin Developments Continues its Growth with Commercial Investment in Cambridge
- Outline Planning Approved For Northamptonshire Petrol Station and Retail Unit
- Uncertainty over Brexit has deterred UK investors, research finds
- Work Starts on new Birmingham Lidl Food Store
- Will IFISA investment in property fetch a profitable return?
- How do IFISAs stack up as an investment opportunity?
- Five Acre Site in Leicestershire Acquired
- Godwin Completes on Prime PRS site near Milton Keynes
- Godwin acquires prominent 2 acre site in Bletchley
- Godwin Agrees Deal with Derby City Council as Development is Given the Green Light
- Burger King opening puts focus on further Quick Service Restaurant opportunities
- The Landmark: Next Steps
- Godwin launches BTR brand, Core Living
- Godwin achieves planning permission for ‘The Landmark’
- Planning Submitted for Rushden Site
- Godwin welcomes planning approval for new Lidl store in Kings Heath