Godwin launches BTR brand, Core Living
Core Living will sit under the Godwin Group brand but will only be used for BTR, which is one of the UK’s fastest growing construction sectors.
The new Core Living brand follows the government’s efforts to tackle the UK’s housing shortage by defining BTR as a distinct product for the private rented sector in its National Planning Policy Framework glossary.
It is hoped this official definition will simplify BTR’s treatment within the planning system – meaning quicker access to approvals, site starts and completions.
Godwin is targeting 500 homes in phase one of the Core Living project starting in 2019, with a target of at least another 2,000 homes in the coming year.
Stuart Pratt, Group Development Director at Godwin, said: “As a result of the government’s focus in tackling the housing shortage, we will be launching a new BTR brand in 2019 called Core Living.
“We will be working with local councils and housebuilders alike to provide much-needed rental accommodation to those looking for long-term housing to rent.
“This will not only include the usual BTR apartments in city centres, but also the construction of family housing rental units in wider city and rural areas to help ease the nation’s housing queues.”
Mr Pratt added: “We will be starting our Core Living brand in Leicestershire, Yorkshire and the north, and will start the initial programme of 500 homes in 2019.
“We will then be targeting UK-wide locations with the aim of building another 2,000-plus homes in the following three years.”
- Collaboration Agreement Signed with Harworth Group to Deliver BTR Housing
- Outline Planning Approved For Northamptonshire Petrol Station and Retail Unit
- Uncertainty over Brexit has deterred UK investors, research finds
- Work Starts on new Birmingham Lidl Food Store
- Will IFISA investment in property fetch a profitable return?
- How do IFISAs stack up as an investment opportunity?
- Five Acre Site in Leicestershire Acquired
- Godwin Completes on Prime PRS site near Milton Keynes
- Godwin acquires prominent 2 acre site in Bletchley
- Godwin Agrees Deal with Derby City Council as Development is Given the Green Light
- Burger King opening puts focus on further Quick Service Restaurant opportunities
- The Landmark: Next Steps
- Godwin launches BTR brand, Core Living
- Godwin achieves planning permission for ‘The Landmark’
- Planning Submitted for Rushden Site
- Godwin welcomes planning approval for new Lidl store in Kings Heath